Known as Dr. Mommy MakeoverTM, Dr. Kaweski of Aesthetic Arts Institute of Plastic Surgery frequently combines surgical procedures for San Diego women looking to rejuvenate and restore their bodies after they are done having children. The popular mommy makeover surgery typically combines the following procedures:
- A tummy tuck, to remove loose or sagging abdominal skin and stitch up separated abdominal muscles that cause a protruding abdomen.
- A breast augmentation, to restore lost volume to breasts after breastfeeding and the postpartum period has ended.
- A breast lift, to replace sagging breasts to a more natural position after childbearing is through.
- Liposuction, to eliminate stubborn fat deposits that just won’t go away despite a San Diego mother’s diet and exercise regime.
There are several benefits of combining these separate plastic surgeries into one mommy makeover procedure.
Combining Procedures is Generally Less Expensive
Whenever you undergo plastic surgery, you will pay not only for your plastic surgeon’s skill and expertise but also:
- Hospital fees
- Surgical staff fees, including nurses and the anesthesiologist
- Anesthesia and other medication fees
- Recovery staff fees, such as the nurses who care for you while you are in the recovery room
San Diego women who have all the procedures that could be combined into a mommy makeover performed separately will have to pay the above-bulleted fees multiple times over. However, by combining a tummy tuck, breast procedures and/or liposuction into one surgery, you’ll be able to save on these expenses.
Combining Multiple Procedures is Safe
When deciding to combine multiple plastic surgery procedures, your safety is Dr. Kaweski’s utmost concern. You should know that the combination of a tummy tuck, breast procedure, and liposuction into one surgical session is considered safe, so long as your overall surgery doesn’t last longer than about six hours. This means that not only is a mommy makeover a more economical surgery, but it’s also safe, too.
Reducing Your Overall Recovery Time
Anytime you have a plastic surgery procedure you’ll need days or sometimes even a few weeks to recover. If you were to get a tummy tuck, breast procedures and liposuction on three separate occasions, you’d need to schedule three different times in your calendar to take time off work and/or arrange for extra childcare help around the home so that you could properly recover. However, by having these surgeries all performed during one mommy makeover, San Diego women streamline their recovery time, shortening it overall.
Talk About Combining Procedures with Dr. Kaweski
If you’ve been considering the surgeries in a mommy makeover, but still have reservations about having one long surgery performed, the best thing you can do is discuss it with Dr. Kaweski herself. By listening to her patients’ concerns and answering all their questions, Dr. Kaweski’s goal is to make sure every San Diego woman who comes to see her about a mommy makeover is as informed as possible.
To schedule an initial consultation, call (619) 464-9876.