For patients in San Diego who are unhappy with the size, shape, or proportions of their nose, a rhinoplasty may help. Dr. Kaweski has years of experience providing patients with the subtle changes they desire to their noses so they feel better about their facial appearance.
What Are the Benefits of Rhinoplasty?
The benefits of rhinoplasty are numerous. For patients who want to use rhinoplasty for cosmetic needs, the benefits include:
- Reducing the size of the nose by removing cartilage and bone for a sleeker, more refined appearance.
- Increasing the size of the nose by adding in grafts or implants for a shapelier look.
- Altering the nostrils to be larger (which can enhance breathing) or smaller (to reduce a constant flared look).
- Changing how the nose slopes or projects, which can be useful in balancing out the other facial features.
Not only can rhinoplasty improve your appearance, but it can also provide several medical benefits as well. These include:
- Repairing the septum or using grafts to help you breathe easier.
- Fixing a nose that’s been previously broken to help reopen the nasal channel and eliminate blockages.
View Before & After Photos
Who Is a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
In general, the San Diego patients who make the best candidates for rhinoplasty include those who:
- Are in good overall health.
- Have a cosmetic or medical issue with the nose, such as the nose being too big or having trouble inhaling through the nose.
- Do not smoke, as smoking can interfere with the surgical and healing process.
- Are older than 16, as the nose may still be forming in people younger than this.
- Are realistic about the potential results.
Of course, just because a patient ticks all the above boxes doesn’t mean they are a candidate. Patients who are interested in getting rhinoplasty will need to consult with Dr. Kaweski first before scheduling their procedure. At this initial consultation, she will be able to examine you to ensure you’re a good candidate for surgery.
Since rhinoplasty is such an individualized procedure that can accomplish a lot of things, Dr. Kaweski will work with you one-on-one to learn about your goals and devise a treatment plan that helps you meet these goals. This ensures that you are happy with the end result and can walk away with a nose you love.
How Much Does Rhinoplasty Cost?
A rhinoplasty is a very personalized procedure, meaning that estimating the average cost can be difficult. Many factors go into the end price, including whether you are having an open or closed rhinoplasty, whether you are having the rhinoplasty done for cosmetic or medical reasons, and whether or not you’re having any nostril work done. To get an estimate of what a rhinoplasty costs, please click here.
To know an exact amount you can expect to pay, we urge you to schedule an initial consultation. After examining you, Dr. Kaweski can provide a much more accurate estimate of what a rhinoplasty will cost.
If patients are on a budget, they’ll be pleased to know that Dr. Kaweski accepts credit cards. She also offers several financing plans to help patients space out their payments. Learn more about our financing options by clicking here.
What Is the Recovery With Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure, meaning you will be able to return to your home immediately afterward (though you will need someone to drive you because of grogginess after the sedation). You will have an outside splint or two inside splints placed to help stabilize the nasal tissue. These splints are usually in place for about a week. There will be a small drip pad under your nose which you can change with gauze as needed.
Bruising and swelling of the nose and under the eyes is common and expected, and you can reduce this by sleeping upright and using cool compresses four to six times a day. While it may be tempting, you should not blow their nose for at least two weeks after surgery, as this can disrupt healing.
You may apply Vaseline to the outside of the nose to act as a humidifier to keep the air moist. Also the nose may be gently cleansed with a moist wash cloth.
Will a Rhinoplasty Hurt?
The rhinoplasty itself will not hurt, as you will be thoroughly sedated and unable to feel what’s going on. There will be some soreness and discomfort when you wake up, however. This pain should begin to go away about three days post-surgery and, in the meantime, can be controlled with over-the-counter pain medications.
What Is the Ideal Nose Shape?
There is no ideal nose shape! It all depends on what a person likes as well as what their existing facial structure looks like. While many San Diego patients want to go as small as possible, this doesn’t always look the best if it doesn’t balance well with their other facial features. Dr. Kaweski will take the time to thoroughly examine your facial profile and then make a professional recommendation for your ideal nose shape. Also a computer generated model of your desires will be made to help you determined what can be done.
What’s the Difference Between an Open and Closed Rhinoplasty?
Open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty are just two different ways to approach the procedure.
- In an open rhinoplasty, Dr. Kaweski will make incisions externally along the nostrils and fold the skin of the nose upward to gain access to the inside of the nose. This procedure offers easier access to the inside of the nose.
- In a closed rhinoplasty, Dr. Kaweski will make all incisions inside of the nose, eliminating any external scarring. It’s harder to access the inside of the nose, so this technique is better for smaller tweaks.
Rhinoplasty Before/After Photos
Patients in San Diego need a cosmetic surgeon they can trust, which is why it’s so important to consult before and after photos. Our rhinoplasty gallery highlights some of the beautiful work Dr. Kaweski has done with her patients. Click here to view Dr. Kaweski’s rhinoplasty gallery.