An Experienced Female Plastic Surgeon Serving San Diego
Dr. Susan Kaweski offers impeccable credentials and over 25 years of practice in plastic, craniofacial, and general surgery. In the media, she is known as Dr. Mommy Makeover® for her extraordinary ability to help mothers reclaim their bodies from the physical changes of pregnancy that exercise and diet cannot address.
A female plastic surgeon supporting patients throughout San Diego and La Mesa, Dr. Kaweski is a recognized expert in the field, educator, and author of numerous articles in national and international medical journals. Most importantly, she is a professional committed to the highest standards of medical practice.
Why Patients Choose Dr. Kaweski for Their Care
As the director of Aesthetic Arts Institute of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Kaweski sets the standard for our values:
- Patient safety.
- Patient comfort.
- Excellence in aesthetics.
With our practice, you benefit from advanced procedures and technology; a variety of solutions to meet different patient needs; and a professional, highly-trained staff. In Dr. Kaweski’s own words:
“Speaking with our team is like talking with family. My staff and I engage personally with patients so we can learn what they want to accomplish and provide effective care that achieves their individual goals.”
As a female plastic surgeon, Dr. Kaweski also offers San Diego and La Mesa women a personal understanding of their aesthetic concerns. Each patient consultation is a conversation—not a lecture or a hard sell—and she takes time during surgical procedures to create nuance and beauty in each feature. Her goal is for your outcome to reflect your vision of success.
Education and Service
Beyond her knowledge of and practice in general plastic surgery, Dr. Kaweski has extensive experience in craniofacial surgery. This background benefits the full spectrum of procedures that Aesthetic Arts Institute offers, from rhinoplasty to facelift.
Dr. Kaweski has completed two separate residencies and an advanced fellowship as part of her training:
- General and Plastic Surgery Residences: Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA and Milton S. Hershey Medical Center at Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA
- Craniofacial Surgery Fellowship: With Dr. Ian T. Jackson at the Institute for Craniofacial and Reconstructive Surgery in Southfield, Michigan; Dr. Fernando Ortiz-Monasterio at Hospital Angeles, Mexico City, Mexico; and Dr. Claus Lauritzen in Goteburg, Sweden.
Dr. Kaweski received her medical degree from Pennsylvania State University, a Master’s in microbiology from SUNY Buffalo, and her undergraduate degree from Washington and Jefferson College. She served honorably in the United States Naval Reserve, retiring from the Medical Corps at the rank of captain before beginning private practice.
Memberships and Appointments
Dr. Kaweski is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and holds membership in the American, California, and International Societies of Plastic Surgeons. As a female plastic surgeon, she encourages the growth of women in the medical field and helps to prepare the next generation of practitioners as an assistant clinical professor at UCSD Medical Center Hospital.
Dr. Kaweski holds appointments at Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women, Sharp Grassmont, and the Rady Children’s Hospital. Her memberships include:
- San Diego Plastic Surgery Society.
- American Cleft Palate Association.
- American Medical Association.
- California Medical Association.
- San Diego County Medical Society.
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States.
- American Association of Women Surgeons.
- American Medical Women’s Association.
- San Diego Surgical Society.
- American Society of Microbiologists.
- American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- California Society of Plastic Surgery.
- International Society of Plastic Surgery.
- The Aesthetic Society
Dr. Kaweski is also past president of the San Diego County Medical Society and San Diego Plastic Surgery Society. She also served as Chief of Plastic Surgery for Sharp Memorial Hospital. She is involved in Project Access which renders surgical treatment for the indigent in San Diego county and serves on the San Diego County Medical Society Foundation board of directors.
Explore aesthetic procedures with the guidance of an experienced, knowledgeable, and caring female plastic surgeon. Contact Dr. Kaweski’s San Diego-area offices in La Mesa to schedule an appointment by calling (619) 464-9876.