What a Mommy Makeover Is
After they are done having children, some San Diego women seek out the assistance of Dr. Kaweski, who is also known as Dr. Mommy Makeover™, for a combination of plastic surgery procedures designed to help rejuvenate areas of their bodies that pregnancy, breastfeeding, and aging have affected. In addition to helping local moms regain their pre-pregnancy form, the procedure also helps women attain physical enhancements that they’ve put off for years.
This procedure typically includes plastic surgeries on the breasts and abdomen. Specific surgeries that may be performed include:
- Breast augmentation: Breastfeeding, aging, and gravity can leave a woman with a deflated breast appearance. Augmentation can help you reshape and regain fullness in your breasts.
- Breast lift: The same factors that cause breasts to become deflated can also make them droopy. A breast lift is designed to help restore breasts to their former, more youthful, and perkier position.
- Tummy tuck: Changes to a mother’s abdomen during pregnancy and the postpartum period may leave her with excess abdominal skin and loose abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck is designed to address both of these issues.
- Liposuction: Despite returning to a goal weight, some mothers may have stubborn pockets of fat after pregnancy that don’t respond to diet and exercise. Liposuction is designed to remove these unresponsive areas for a sleeker form.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
Through this procedure, which depending on the surgical plan may include one or multiple surgical events, Dr. Kaweski helps women restore their womanly form after pregnancy to achieve their aesthetic goals. Women who’ve experienced dramatic changes to their bodies after pregnancy report that this combination of body rejuvenation surgeries helps them feel more like themselves again.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Women in good medical and psychological health are generally qualified candidates for elective plastic surgery if they meet the following criteria:
- They’re certain they’re done having children, as future pregnancies can negate the results obtained during surgery.
- They can pass a pre-op appointment with their general physician to clear them for elective plastic surgery.
- They’re non-smokers, or promise to abstain from all nicotine usage for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after their procedure, as nicotine usage can complicate both the surgery and recovery process.
What Is the Cost of a Mommy Makeover?
Since a variety of combinations of plastic surgeries may be included in a surgical plan, it’s difficult to give a price estimate since every San Diego mother’s treatment will be unique. Factors that influence pricing include:
- Procedures performed.
- When breast augmentation is being performed, which specific breast implants have been chosen.
- The number of post-op appointments needed, as surgical plans with more treatments may require more follow up appointments with Dr. Kaweski.
Additionally, surgery prices in San Diego may vary by plastic surgeon. With 25 years of experience and a specialty in helping moms regain their pre-baby bodies, Dr. Kaweski offers an additional level of care to mothers looking to restore and rejuvenate their bodies.
What Is the Recovery Like?
Assuming your procedure included a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, you’ll need to take 2 weeks off work and your other duties, including providing childcare for small children. During this time, you won’t be able to sleep on your stomach or lift anything heavy, including little ones.
To aid in the recovery process, Dr. Kaweski recommends her patients enlist the help of family, friends, or local care providers for childcare and household duties during the first 2 weeks of recovery.
Where will my surgery be performed?
Dr. Kaweski performs her plastic surgeries on an outpatient basis at the La Mesa Surgery Center under general anesthesia.
If I have a tummy tuck, can it repair diastasis recti (separated abdominal muscles)?
Yes. In fact, a common reason women add tummy tucks to their surgical plans is to stitch up loose abdominal muscles that have created a bulge in the abdomen that won’t go away on its own.
Can I have additional children after my surgery?
While it’s safe to have children after your surgery, Dr. Kaweski recommends you wait to have the procedure performed until after you’re done adding to your family so that future pregnancies don’t negate your surgical results.
How to Book Your Consultation and What to Expect
At Aesthetic Arts Institute of Plastic Surgery, San Diego mothers will be treated by an all-female team. We believe this helps local women who are looking to rejuvenate their feminine form feel more comfortable expressing their problem areas and aesthetic goals, as they’re working with someone who knows firsthand the changes a woman’s body experiences from pregnancy and aging.
Explore mommy makeover with a caring and experienced surgical team. Contact our San Diego offices online or by phone at (619) 464-9876.