If you live in or around San Diego and have sagging breasts, you’ve likely found this blog because you’re researching your options for a breast lift, and you’re wondering about a term that keeps popping up in your search results: “vertical breast lift.” Commonly referred to as a lollipop breast lift, this incision type is first made around the areola, then from the bottom center of the areola to the top of the breast crease (creating a lollipop-looking scar).
Why Would I Need a Vertical Breast Lift?
There are many different breast lift techniques out there, and it’s impossible for women living in San Diego to know which one is right for them until they meet with Dr. Kaweski of Aesthetic Arts Institute of Plastic Surgery for her professional opinion. But, we’ll try to give you some background information in this post to help better educate you.
A vertical breast lift is ideal for women who have wide sagging breasts and a nipple droop of at least 5 centimeters. This incision type gives Dr. Kaweski ample room to lift and reposition your breasts and remove any and all unwanted, sagging and drooping skin. Additionally, the vertical breast lift incision is popular amongst women who want to combine a dramatic breast lift with breast augmentation surgery, because it easily allows Dr. Kaweski to create a pocket for breast implants and place them.
Vertical Breast Lift Scars
Just like its nickname, a vertical breast lift leaves a lollipop shaped scar on San Diego women’s breasts. These scars, however, will always be hidden by your bra or bathing suit. The scars will only be visible when your breasts are bare. While the scar is more noticeable than a donut lift or crescent lift, many of Dr. Kaweski’s patients report that undergoing a vertical breast lift was a good choice because it helped them achieve the dramatic lift they were looking for, given the amount of breast sagging they were experiencing before surgery.
Am I an Ideal Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
Many women in San Diego visit Dr. Kaweski every year for a breast lift consultation. These women are often exhibiting varying degrees of breast sagging. But, simply having sagging breasts doesn’t automatically qualify you for the surgery. Dr. Kaweski cares deeply about your overall health and helping you to achieve long-lasting results, so she carefully screens each of her patients. Her criteria for taking your case include:
- Ensuring that you are in good medical health and that you can pass a preoperative appointment from your primary care physician
- Listening to Dr. Kaweski explain her surgical plan for you and communicating back that you understand the procedure that will take place
- Communicating that you have realistic expectations for your surgery
- Being in good psychological health
- Being a non-smoker, or promise to quit smoking 5 weeks before and 2 weeks after your procedure as smoking can complicate both the breast lift surgery and your recovery process
- For patients of childbearing age, being certain you are done having children and are on a long-term birth control plan as subsequent pregnancies can cause further breast sagging and negate the results you achieve with your breast lift surgery
Contact Aesthetic Arts Institute of Plastic Surgery Today
If you’re ready to take the next step in determining if a breast lift by San Diego plastic surgeon Dr. Kaweski is right for you, then schedule a consultation today by calling (619) 464-9876.