If patients in San Diego are unhappy with the appearance of their belly, Dr. Kaweski can help with a tummy tuck. Also known as an abdominoplasty, this procedure removes excess tissue from the midsection to produce a belly that’s flat and defined.
What Are the Benefits of a Tummy Tuck?
Both men and women in the San Diego area can benefit from a tummy tuck. It’s a revolutionary procedure that can transform your midsection to help them feel more confident in the way you look. The main benefits you will experience after an abdominoplasty include:
- Elimination of excess skin, fat, and tissue from the belly.
- Results that diet and exercise failed to achieve.
- A leaner, flatter body contour, especially in patients who have recently lost a lot of weight.
- Muscle tightening, which can be extremely helpful in women who have just given birth.
- Reduction of urinary incontinence, which can sometimes happen in women who have given vaginal birth.
- Better posture and decreased back pain, thanks to improved muscle tone.
Naturally, not all patients will experience these benefits, as everyone is different. Dr. Kaweski can talk more about what you can expect at your initial consultation.
Who Is a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
Many people are candidates for a tummy tuck. Generally, it’s a procedure that best meets the needs of people who:
- Are in generally good health and can tolerate the use of anesthesia during the procedure.
- Have given birth and are suffering from skin laxity or weak abdominal muscles.
- Have just lost a lot of weight and have a lot of extra skin that won’t go away with diet and exercise.
With that said, not everyone is a candidate for a tummy tuck. The procedure is not intended for those looking to lose weight, as only small amounts of fat are removed to help contour the waistline. If you are not at or close to your ideal weight goal, Dr. Kaweski will most likely recommend another procedure instead, such as liposuction. To know for sure if you are a candidate for a tummy tuck, please call our San Diego office and schedule an initial consultation.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost?
The price of a tummy tuck varies by patient. To get an estimate of what a tummy tuck would cost from Dr. Kaweski, please click here. The prices given are estimates only and exact pricing will be determined when you come in for an initial consultation. We are also happy to offer financing options to our patients.
What Is the Recovery Like From a Tummy Tuck?
Recovering from a tummy tuck requires patients to take it easy for several weeks. You’ll need someone to drive you home from the surgery center and help with your initial care. Additionally, it’s important to keep the upper body elevated with the knees flexed to lessen the pressure on the abdomen.
You will experience pain, swelling, and bruising, but over-the-counter medications can help alleviate this. While you can drive in a few weeks, you won’t be able to exercise for four to six weeks.