Over time, your skin begins to change as a result of sun exposure, lifestyle and the natural aging process. Aging skin loses natural support structures that keep the skin supple and youthful. As the years go by, collagen and elastin diminish within the skin and this can result in wrinkles and creases. As you age:
- Lines appear on your face from the repeated expressions.
- Wrinkles form and your face appears leaner due to loss of volume and decreased levels of collagen and facial fat.
- The pull of gravity causes skin to become elastic leading to puffiness under the eye and loose skin around the cheeks and jaw.
- Etched-in lines form from constant facial activity.
- Volume loss in the back of hands makes veins and tendons look more prominent.
Fortunately, a variety of options are available to help treat wrinkles for a more youthful-looking you. Once such option is the injectable filler, RADIESSE®.
What Does RADIESSE® Treat?
RADIESSE® treats deeper folds and moderate to severe wrinkles, such as:
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Pre-jowl folds (sagging skin on either side of the chin)
- Downturned corners of the mouth
- Chin wrinkles
- Marionette lines
- Volume loss in the back of hands
Why Should I use RADIESSE® for My Hands?
Your face may not give away your age, don’t let your hands. As you age, natural collagen in your hands breaks down and fatty tissue is lost resulting in a heightened appearance of veins and tendons. RADIESSE® is the first dermal filler that is FDA-approved for use outside of the face. After your first treatment, RADIESSE® restores volume to the hands while providing smooth, natural-looking results that can be seen immediately and last up to 1 year.
Why Choose RADIESSE®?
- RADIESSE immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen with results that can last a year or more in many patients
- Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen.
- RADIESSE is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients.
- RADIESSE provides results with high patient satisfaction.
- RADIESSE is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine to significantly reduce injection-related pain.
How Does RADIESSE® Work?
- Volume loss in your hands and wrinkles on your face appear due to decreased levels of collagen.
- When injected, RADIESSE®, a smooth gel filled with tiny calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres, adds immediate volume and lift to wrinkles and folds on the face.
- Over the following weeks, RADIESSE® stimulates the body to produce collagen. The new collagen surrounds the microspheres. Eventually, the microspheres and gel are naturally metabolized by the body.
- The newly formed collagen provides a long-term effect that may last for a year or more in many patients.
RADIESSE® – Immediate and Long-Lasting
When a loss of facial volume causes folds and wrinkles to form, RADIESSE®, a volumizing filler, offers a unique option – it adds an instant lift, smoothing out these signs of aging for a more youthful, natural-looking appearance that lasts.
RADIESSE® refreshes your look after just one treatment, immediately correcting facial folds and wrinkles. This unique filler also stimulates natural collagen production, which helps extend the initial effect of RADIESSE® for a year or more in many patients.
Frequently Asked Questions about RADIESSE®
What is RADIESSE® Made of?
RADIESSE® is made of tiny calcium-based microspheres that are suspended in a natural, water-based gel. These calcium-based microspheres are similar to minerals that are found naturally in your body, so allergy testing is not required. Over time, your body absorbs these tiny microspheres and the gel, leaving behind only your own natural collagen.
How Soon Can I Expect Results After a RADIESSE® Treatment?
Instantly! Immediately upon injection, RADIESSE® adds volume to wrinkles and folds to help smooth out the signs of aging.
How Long Does RADIESSE® Last?
Not only does RADIESSE® provide immediate correction, the natural, smooth results may last a year or more in many patients.
Is Treatment with RADIESSE® Uncomfortable?
RADIESSE® is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine (an aesthetic). This means you can experience a more comfortable wrinkle treatment. In fact, in a clinical study, using RADIESSE® mixed with lidocaine significantly reduced pain in 90% of patients treated with RADIESSE®.
How Long is the Recovery Time after RADIESSE® Treatment?
There is very little downtime involved with a RADIESSE® procedure. As with any injection, patients may experience side effects, such as mild irritation, swelling, itching, redness, bruising, or tenderness at the injection site, which typically resolve on their own. If any of these side effects persist, contact Dr. Kaweski right away. Every patient is unique, so be sure to discuss your plans with Dr. Kaweski.
If you’re ready to fight the signs of aging with RADIESSE®, call us today at (619) 464-9876. We look forward to speaking with you!